At least it has stopped raining!! :)
School has been planning for September and trying to think about how we can best bring the children back. There has been a lot of speculation in the press. We need to wait and see what the PM actually does say. At St. Margaret's the proof will be in the detail. If the maximum number of children per class is 30, then this presents us with a problem as our intake is 35. I am not worrying about this too much yet. I am waiting for what the PM says.
Regarding the infants, the school will re-open (again, we are not certain of the numbers) on Wednesday 2nd September. The children will go to the class they were in, in March. So, say for example, if your child was in Willow, they will go to Willow. This will be for the three days in that week. The children will say a 'Good goodbye' to their current teacher. That teacher will also informally assess where the children are. This will not be a formal test at all. Assessment is the last thing the children need to be worrying about. The infants will go to their new classes on Monday 7th September. By this time the children will have been put in their mixed classes. (Lilac -Rec/Y1 and Oak Y1/2 and Hawthorn -straight Y2.)
Year 2 upwards will go to their new year groups straight away (depending on the maximum numbers dictated by the Government). Staff are currently arranging Zoom meetings so that the children can meet new teachers and chat to their current teachers. I will also be working with staff for the Year 2 children upwards to find some closure with their current teacher. (More details to follow). Please can you contact school with an up to date email address if you are not getting our emails. My letters to parents are also on the web six days a week.
New Reception children will begin their transition into school from Monday 7th September. School will be in touch with more details very soon.
Enough detail for now. Enjoy your evening.
Lots of love